Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Postscript

Well I guess that’s it.....Figuratively I’ve reached the Elbe River where I’ve  met up with the individual who started the blog on the Topps 1972 card set starting from cards #1 to #140....Some people brought up if would I go on to complete the set...I could look into it but I think to go on I’d just be reporting what has already been written....But let me what you think in comments....the opinions of a reading audience (real people not those robots that drop in a weird comment) of what else can be done with this or something else….It's been a nice ride 559 entries and at least one computer....Good night and glad I made it.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching the end. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats,I loved reading about one of my all time favorite sets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing the 1972 coverage! After 500+ posts, what's 140 more? :D

    If you enjoy it, you should continue down to #1, putting your own spin on each of the players' careers/cards.

    (Plus, it will give me a chance to comment on Greg Luzinski and Roger Freed. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please continue if you can. I’ve truly enjoyed it and check it out daily. I’m looking forward to Greg Luzinski and Roger Freed too .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Douglas, I want to encourage you to continue. It's been fun reliving my youth through these cards and sharing comments with you. I hope that you will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thank everybody for their responses. Also thank the robo posters for refraining from their evil deeds. I will continue with a slight change of format.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Ah, yes I will. Still around. I'm going to retire in early Dec and will pick it up again as my time frees up. But I'm looking for new angle though since these cards have been covered before. I might come from the perspective of my 12 year old self...however strange that may sound. Thank you for asking.

      Delete
  8. Maybe you could do 1971 or 1973. That would be repetitive since a lot of the players are the same. You could buy a set of cards from 1981 or 1962 and do that one. Another project could be to edit your posts from this set. There are some missing words. Editing can be a satisfying project.

    ReplyDelete